Mindmate is a Leeds-based website, for young people, their families and the professionals who support them, designed to help explore emotional wellbeing and mental health issues and offer information about where support is available.
As part of the PSHCE curriculum this year we will be teaching pupils about Social, Emotional and Mental Health. We will do this using the MindMate lessons which have been developed here in Leeds by teachers and mental health experts working together. The lessons have been funded by the South Leeds Clinical Commissioning Group as part of the Future in Mind programme. 1 in 4 adults and 1 in 10 children will suffer mental health problems at some time in their life.
The lessons are contemporary and interactive and will help pupils:
- understand their own feelings
- understand the emotions and mental heal needs of others
- ask for help when necessary
- support their friends and families to be mentally well
- reduce the stigma associated with mental health
For more information please visit: