Citizenship & PSHE
In Citizenship and PSHE we will be asking big questions about our society and the world which we live in by:
- Encouraging students to think more deeply about their behaviour and their rights and responsibilities as a member of British society
- Helping students to appreciate their local community and introduce them to people who may have expertise or experience that helps students to see new points of view and make better decisions.
- Introducing students to the key institutions of our democracy, explaining how they work, how they can get involved and what problems we still have to solve as a country
- Appreciating the British values that permeate all our lives
- Encouraging to reflect on their own development whilst planning for their futures
- Developing the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to keep themselves healthy and safe, and to prepare them for life and work in modern Britain.
All of the work we do is built around the statutory national curriculum for Citizenship and the non-statutory framework for PSHE